Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Notes on 'Banana Shadow'

I’ve been asked what happened to the daily painting blog over the last month or so. Well, I was on a trip to visit my daughter Emily, who is working there for the Peace Corps (read her blog). Whenever traveling, I always bring my paints and a camera. Initially, I thought it would be easy to keep the blog going while on this little adventure; however, the complexities of internet connections and missing software lead me to let it go until my return to Berkeley. Instead, I spent the time painting, exploring and photographing the area and learning Spanish.

Now that I am back, I will be posting a series of paintings from the trip. Most of the paintings will be from and around San Antonio Huista, a small town in the north, close to the border with Mexico. This photo will give you an idea of the place:


It is indeed a beautiful country!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home